Friday 17 February 2012

Day 2 - I'm still here - and Sale-A-Bration samples!

Good morning friends.

Last night my daughter made her own "bake sale" goodies for school with very little help from me, and this morning she frosted them all with pink icing and sprinkles. I know they will sell like the proverbial hotcakes!  I dropped her and my son and the tray full of cupcakes off at school so now it's time to get down to business.  I mean, I started this blog....I have a responsibility to keep it going, right?  Gulp.

This morning I wanted to share 2 of the cards I've made using the Fresh Vintage stamp set that is available for FREE from Stampin' Up! during Sale-A-Bration.  (and if you don't know what SAB is all about, then contact me because you are missing out!!  It is the BEST sale of the year).  Anyhow, I will admit that I didn't design either of these cards.  I CASEd them, which is considered a perfectly acceptable thing to do in the card-making world.  CASEing means to Copy And Share Everywhere.  And card-makers know and understand that if they post a card somewhere, they are giving unspoken permission for it to be CASEd.  As long as the person CASEing doesn't take credit for it, then no harm, no foul.

As for these 2 cards?  I cannot remember who I CASEd them from so I cannot give due credit.  But I will admit they are not my original designs.  I think the reason I love them so much is that they make very effective use of Poppy Parade - a colour that I have owned for almost a year but have never used until now.  Not once.  And looking at these cards, I cannot understand why?  The colour is gorgeous!  Vibrant!  Tantalizing even.  Of course, the coordinating designer paper (also an item that you can earn FREE from SU! during Sale-A-Bration) helps to pull together all the elements of the cards.  And there is even matching ribbon too.  That is what I love about SU!  They do all the coordinating for me so I don't really have to 'think' about it.



At any rate, here are the 2 cards for today.  We made the one with ribbon as part of a class I ran at the end of January (and let me tell you, I got to get creative with a couple dozen of the nicest women you could ever hope to meet!  And I met some wonderful new friends at the event too).

The second card is one that 'my ladies' have been making as part of their February Club nights.  Monthly clubs are another way I get to meet and be creative with some terrific ladies.  Club nights are great - There is always as much giggling and laughter as there is glueing and stamping!  (If you want more information about clubs, feel free to ask.  There's always room for more).

Both of these cards are quick, easy and eye-catching.  I can't decide which one I prefer?  Let me know which one is your favourite.

In the meantime, have a wonderful day and God Bless,
~ Cynthia    <><

No comments:

Post a Comment