Friday 23 May 2014

Fast and Fabulous Friday - Blessings Cross

Hello Friends

My son was confirmed last evening and I have to tell you - we were one proud set of parents sitting there watching him,  He has grown into a fine young man.  Mature.  Responsible.  And Spiritual.  And we were filled with joy at being able to share these moments together with him (and our daughters) as a family.

Of course, after the ceremony I needed a card to go with his gift - but it had to be something without a lot of fuss or muss.  He is a 12 year old boy.  It still had to have wow-factor -- This *is* a big deal, after all.  And I had - quite literally - 10 minutes to make it since we had company over helping us celebrate!

I sound like an awful mother, don't I?!?   Some other time I'll have to tell you why I didn't have a card for my son until the last minute.  But for now, let's just keep our focus on the card.

I used my retiring Lattice Die (still love this die so so much) to create 3 crosses.  One in Early Espresso, one in Very Vanilla, and the last in Champagne Glimmer Paper.  I layered these with dimensionals, just a bit off-set from each other, onto a plain vanilla card that had an Espresso sentiment stamped onto it (from the retired set, "Graceful Words")

Simple.  Classic.  Elegant. Gorgeous.
And Fast!!

It did the trick.  He loved his card, without feeling there was too much frou-frou gidgety/gadgety stuff on it.   :)   I told you.  Boy.  Twelve years.  Say no more, right?....

Hope you enjoy its simplicity as well.
Have a wonderful weekend.  God Bless you all,     ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment