Wednesday 27 May 2015

Hawaiian Grand Vacation Blog Hop



Hello My Friends

Today I am thrilled beyond compare to take part in a blog hop with a whole crew of terrific and talented colleagues.  They are all Stampin' Up! demonstrators who, like me, were blessed to achieve the Hawaii Grand Vacation.  We had an absolute BLAST in Hawaii and were thoroughly pampered by Stampin' Up! with the pillow gifts they gave us each day.  So today, we are featuring projects that were inspired by one, many or any of the pillow gifts.

The open-ended theme for this blog left me in a bit of a quandary since I loved everything I received.  I had a difficult time deciding on what project to make, but then I looked back at all my gifts and had a moment of inspiration......All of our goodies came in plain, kraft-coloured bags with a cute tag on each (I highlighted some of the tags previously on my blog and facebook page).  
Bag Containing Pillow Gift

Cute Tag on the Pillow Gift Bag

Eureka!  A project based on our pillow-gift-packaging was born.  

I loved the fact that each of the tags included a coconut shell flower trinket, and a 'wise saying'.  And the bags each had a lovely silhouette of some palm trees on it.  I think I managed to recreate that packaging, more or less, here, don't you?
I started off by using our wonderful Kraft cardstock and the Mini Treat Bag Thinlits Die to make an extended treat bag/box.  Serene Silhouettes was stamped using Early Espresso ink to simulate the palm trees that were ever-present on our Pillow Gift bags.
My Mini Treat Bag/ Pillow Gift Bag

Close-Up of my "Mock" Pillow Gift Tag

I needed a wise or witty cliche for the tag and I think this one, from Oh My Goodies fits the bill.  Next a Pansy-punched flower that I distressed to look more like coconut shell, and pretty soon, my Gift Bag/box was complete!  The final touch was 2 thin "handles" cut from the edge of some of the discarded Kraft cardstock.

I can't wait to give this to someone soon.  I think I'll add in a traditional puka shell necklace from Hawaii!!  What a fun way to pass on the blessings I received such a short time ago!!

Have you hopped through the rest of the blogs yet to see everything that is there?
Many of our hoppers created projects that were truly just "inspired" in some fashion, by our pillow gifts.  Others, like me, chose to sort-of re-create a pillow gift.  Well, sort of, at any rate!

I hope you are loving all the creations you are seeing.  You probably just arrived from the blog of the very talented Vanessa Webb.  Isn't her project just beautiful?
http://vanessawebb.net/blog/hawaiian-incentive-trip-pillow-gift-inspiration-blog-hop/http://genstampin4fun.blogspot.com/2015/05/hawaii-incentive-trip-blog-hop.html
Next in line, you really want to visit Genevieve Ko's blog to see how creative she is,  You won't be sorry.  Trust me!

The full list of hoppers for today's little adventure is below.   I'm on my way myself to see the rest of the gorgeous creations that I know must be waiting for me!

Have fun.  Have a wonderful evening and God Bless,     ~Cynthia    <><


Blog hop list



Product List

18 comments:

  1. Cynthia - such a clever idea! The tag is a perfect match for the others we received and the sentiment very much in the same vein. Lovely! Mahalo Shanni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Loved meeting you in Hawaii Shannean and am in awe of your gorgeous creations!! I'll look forward to seeing more or your handiwork on our next blog hop! Have a spectacular weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. We were so totally blessed, weren't we Linda? Even in the packaging for our pillow gifts, Stampin' Up! made us feel special. Hope you are looking forward to a post-Hawaii relaxing weekend. God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Dena. It was fun to try to re-create a little bit of the Stampin' Up! lovin'. Enjoy your evening and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  4. Super cute idea! I bet the person who receives this bag will be over the moon and excited.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it Selene! Marian won the door prize at my card class (this bag with a Hawaiian Puka shell necklace inside) and I think she knew a little bit of extra loving went into it this time around! Have a spectacular weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  5. Very clever, Cynthia!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun trying to find Inspiration in our Pillow gifts. Just like I found inspiration in your video and Share Affair post. Thanks Georgia! Have a terrific weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  6. What an awesome idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right back at you Alison. I 'almost' went with the Maui Jims for inspiration....but I am glad I didn't since I couldn't compare to your cool card! Enjoy your weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  7. Very clever! Love your take on the tag Cynthia :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant - you did a great job recreating them!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cool! I love the tiny gift bags!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job recreating the bag!! I thought it was real thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the bag! So cute

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute bag and the tag is an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete