Sunday 30 July 2017

Sneak Peek - Carols of Christmas Blog Hop

Hello Friends

Just ONE MORE DAY to get your Starter Kit in which you will get the gorgeous, new Carols of Christmas stamp set for FREE!!  And as part of your Starter Kit, you can order the Card Front Builder thinlits too - so you'll have everything you need to create the beautiful cards I've posted here.  AND THEN, beginning on Aug1, you can order ANYTHING you want from the Holiday catalogue (no one else can order from it until Sept 1. Won't all your friends be jealous?!?)
Northern Lights with Card Front Builder thinlits - Plain and Simple


If you live ANYWHERE IN CANADA - purchase a starter kit HERE and join my team, the Canadian Sunshine Stampers - and I'll help you discover the inner crafting genius in you!

Today I wanted to show you how you can use the Carols of Christmas thinlits (Card Front Builder thinlits) and the Northern Lights technique to create a stunning card!

I've created 2 versions of this card.  I think you'll love them both!

For the quick and easy card I created a Northern Lights background and layered the cut-out trees (using the thinlits) in front.  I also used the Carols of Christmas stamp set to stamp a deer (using Chocolate Chip ink) and die-cut him using the Card Front Builder thinlits, then placed him in the foreground.  I added some dots of Fine-tip-glue pen plus Dazzling Diamonds glitter to the sky to simulate some stars, and there you have it.  Easy peasy and very effective.
Northern Lights with Card Front Builder thinlits and Embossing Paste (and glitter) snow

The second card is stepped up a bit.  After sponging my northern lights sky, I used the Card Front Builder thinlits to cut out some stars.  And I used embossing paste on the edges of the tree cut outs, then sprinkled on Dazzling diamonds glitter to create snow on the branches.  I also used torn pieces of Whisper White cardstock and roughed up the torn edge, added embossing paste and glitter, to create some snowbanks.  I layered these with trees at varying depths to create a somewhat snowier scene.

The Northern Lights sky was super-simple to create.  I sponged Daffodil Delight, Tempting Turquoise and Berry Burst onto the central portion of some Whisper White cardstock, then sponged the edges of the cardstock with Night of Navy to simulate a dark sky.  I have a "very quick and VERY imperfect" video that I created this afternoon to show how I made this. 

I also created a video a few years ago to show how easy this is to do (see it HERE) and I hope to post a better video tomorrow on how to create this card.  But trust me when I tell you it is super simple and very, very effective!

Remember, you can create this card too with the right materials.  Get the Carols of Christmas stamp set for FREE (and the Card Front Builder thinlits at a discount and an entire month earlier than anyone else) by purchasing a Starter Kit BEFORE JULY 31!!  If you live anywhere in Canada, then join me and become a Canadian Sunshine Stamper today!

Hope you enjoyed seeing my cards and are visiting all of the other blog participants too!  The list is below.  And trust me, some of these projects are ones you will WANT to make yourself! 

Enjoy the week ahead my friends and God Bless,     Cynthia   <><

  Product List

17 comments:

  1. Your card is a real WOW! Thank you for sharing it and your video!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Catherine. In the past I have re-taped a video over and over again until I have it "perfect" but I figured just getting this one out there would be better! Otherwise it would NEVER get done! :) I hope it's helpful. And thank you for your kind comments! Enjoy your week ahead and God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Thank you for providing a video on how you did the coloring for the northern lights. Very impressive cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like them Susan. :) The video isn't very good quality, but hopefully it gets the job done. have a super evening and God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ha ha Candy. And to that I say Thank you . Thank you. And Thank You! Have a great week and God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete
    2. Things a real wow! Great card!

      Delete
    3. Thanks Katrina - so many wonderful ideas on today's blog hop! Is it wrong that I can't wait for Christmas now?!?!? Have a terrific week and God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I love that Stampin' Up! gives us such great materials to work with. And those pines were just calling out for a gorgeous night sky, right? Hope you had as much fun with the blog hop as I did Debbie. have a great day and God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete
  5. LOve this northern lights technique!! Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your kind words Rachel. It was certainly fun to create. You just never know how it will turn out until it is finished! Thanks for joining in the blog hop. Have a super week and God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete
  6. Your video is great....doesn't need to be perfected! Better to have a brief video than none at all, eh? TFS your Northern Lights technique, even my attempt turned out great thanks to your video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Thank you THANK YOU - that is EXACTLY what I wanted to hear! I would rather have a short video than none at all. And to hear that you were able to reproduce the technique means everything. Hurray! That settles it. Imperfect (but PUBLISHED) videos from now on, instead of not-finished and never published perfect ones! You're the best Miss Emilie! Thanks for your comment. God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete
  7. Thank you so much for showing how to do the northern lights! I'm definitely going to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cynthia, both of these cards are fabulous. I would have to say that I particularly love the stepped up version. The northern lights effect is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the texture and the Northern Lights!

    ReplyDelete