Friday, 20 April 2012
Fast and Fabulous Pocket Silhouettes
My good friend, Gisele, was the one who got me interested in the Pocket Silhouettes stamp set a number of years ago. I hadn't noticed it until she pointed it out to me, and since then it has been one of my favourite sets. I was saddened to see it on the retiring list and I will surely miss it. So I decided I better use it again one last time!
I also decided to use my In Colour Inks - many of which will also be retiring at the end of May. And here is the set of cards I came up with.
1) Make a mask (a piece of cardstock with three squares cut out of it. I used my 1 3/8" Square punch)
2) Overlay the mask onto the card and sponge colour through the holes
3) With the mask still in place, stamp the image onto the 2 outer squares (so the image is contained within the square)
4) Remove the mask and stamp the image over the middle square so it extends above and below the sponged background.
5) Stamp your sentiment into the bottom right corner (I used one from the Thank You Kindly set. Also due to retire at the end of May)
6) Use a 2-way glue pen and Dazzling Diamonds to add glitter to your card
Yes - it really is that easy. And that fast.
Once I had made a template mask for the sponging, each card took me less than 3 minutes to make!! And half of that time is just adding the glitter!
These really are Fast and Fabulous in every sense of the word.
I used Concord Crush, Island Indigo, Peach Parfait and Pear Pizzazz for the larger images you see here. The entire collection you see at the top of this post also has Poppy Parade, Blushing Bride, Wisteria Wonder and Pool Party thrown into the mix. Some are on Whisper White cards while others use Very Vanilla as the card base. These cards look great in any colour!
The Pocket Silhouettes stamp set, Thank You Kindly and the 2010-2012 In Colours will all be retiring at the end of May. If you want them (and if I may be so bold as to suggest...yes, you do), then you had better get them quick. Run, don't walk, to your nearest Stampin' Up! representative. And if you don't have one, contact me and I can order them and have them sent to you (anywhere in Canada).
I have to get back to making more cards now. And I have some lovely ladies showing up at my house for club tonight. So I will bid you adieu and wish you all a wonderful weekend.
God Bless, ~Cynthia <><