Thursday 14 May 2015

Hawaiian Incentive Trip - Day 2 With Stampin' Up!

Hello My Friends
Hawaiian Dancers

We certainly had a treat today.  We knew that Stampin' Up! was going to bring us to the Polynesian Cultural Centre today, but we didn't quite realize that they were going to rent out the entire park for us and close it down for the morning to the general public!!  
Tahitian Dancers

Representatives From Tonga




As my daughter said when she found out....'I have a feeling Stampin' Up!'s motto is - "Go Big, or Go Home!"'

Not quite my dear, but it sure feels that way when the bless us so richly, doesn't it?!?
The New Zealand Float

Dancers From Samoa

The Polynesian Cultural Centre has volunteers working at it from every different Polynesian country and they showcase the culture from the various regions in an entertaining and wonderful way!
Fijian Dancers

One of the highlights was the Canoe Pageant, where dancers from each country float past on 'barges' and sing and dance in  makeup and costume to emulate what their native people would have looked like several hundred years ago.





Totally wonderful.
Totally entertaining and exciting!

I am so glad my kids got to see this.

King Kamehameha Re-enactment

The "Royal" Barge



My favourite?  The Tahitian dancers who proved, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that some things move faster than the naked eye can see!

Check back later to see what our amazing Pillow Gift was this evening!

Until then, have a wonderful day and God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><

2 comments:

  1. AnonymousMay 14, 2015

    Hi Cynthia - how do you sign in to see the video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that! Silly me - the video should be public now. It's short but you'll get the idea...
      Thanks for alerting me to my mistake! Have a terrific day and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete