Tuesday 1 May 2012

Going, Going, Almost Gone....Medallion and God's Blessings

Well it is May 1 and I am getting more and more excited about the new catalog that will be coming out soon.  I'll get to see a few sneak peak items today, but next Monday I'll get to view the catalogue in its entirety.  I am not a patient person and the suspense is driving me crazy!   But in the meantime, I still have a few retiring sets that I am going to miss.  Perhaps the set I will miss most of all is God's Blessings.



This set has 8 sentiments that very eloquently cover a number of occasions, ranging from Wedding to Baptism to Birthday to Sympathy to Christmas.  I helped run 2 different church fundraisers last year where we made simple cards based on God's Blessings.  The participants got to pick which sentiment they wanted, and they used either the swirl from Baroque Motifs (retiring) or Medallion (retiring) or Serene snowflakes (retiring - not shown), to make a background pattern on their card.


The Wisteria and Concord card, and the Baja and Not Quite Navy card you see here are only 2 of the many versions of cards made at those events.  And when the sentiments chosen were birthday or Christmas, a little dazzling diamonds glitter brought the whole card to life.



Isn't it amazing the way both cards have an entirely different flair, based on the colour scheme chosen and the background image.  I must say, when 80 different women make essentially the same card at a workshop, yet it looks unique for each and every one of them, you know the basic elements of the card are effective!



 Of course, the Medallion stamp as the actual focal element of a card makes a very dramatic statement too.   Here is a version I did, using a "stained glass" technique.
Isn't the Medallion image just scrumptious?  Who even needs a sentiment?

Along with the stamp, that cute little rhinestone brad on this card is retiring.   I sure hope there are more fun embellishments to "play with" when the new catalogue is released next week!

I can order catalogues for customers beginning on May 7.  E-mail me to find out how you can get your own personal copy!


In the meantime, have a wonderful week.  God Bless,      ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment