Sunday 13 May 2012

Happy Mother's Day - Retiring Fifth Avenue Floral

Well it happened again.  I had a gorgeous card ready well in advance of Mother's Day and there is no excuse for it not being in my mother's hands on time.  Except....my mother's favourite part of my cards is the poem that I write on the inside, as opposed to the actual card itself.  So despite having the card made 3 weeks ago, I only wrote the poem on Wednesday.  And even paying extra for Express Postage on Thursday morning didn't help get the card into her hands on time.  So tomorrow afternoon, when the postman delivers my mother's mail, this is the card she will find.

I love the Floating Re-inker technique and I especially like the effect you achieve using the Fifth Avenue Floral set.  Particularly the rose.  When I found this video on the internet, I had to CASE the card (with some alterations) and demonstrate it to my ladies in my card clubs.  And, of course, I wanted my mother to have one of the gorgeous cards I created too!

Supply List
Stamps - Fifth Avenue Floral (retiring), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper - Shimmery White, Rich Razzleberry textured, Regal Rose, Pink Pirouette, Wild Wasabi
Ink - Rich Razzleberry, Regal Rose, Pretty in Pink, White Craft
Big Shot -  Adorning Accents embossing folder, Little Leaves Sizzlit
Tools and Accessories - Scallop Trim Corner Punch, Word Window Punch, Modern Label Punch, White Embossing Powder, Heat Gun, Aquapainter, Basic Pearls, Dimensionals

Although I am certain my mother will appreciate the card, I already know that she will much prefer the poem that is written inside.  And no, I am not going to share that with you!   :)

My mother is a strong and amazing woman who raised nine children using just the right combination of love, caring, laughter, discipline, support, encouragement, tough love and a big heart.  And throughout it all, she managed to maintain her sanity (which is something I often wonder if my mere 4 children have taken from me?!   LOL).  I know she doesn't read my blog - at least not yet - but I want to put it out there anyhow.... 
I love you Mom!!!    You are the greatest and best mother in the world and I truly thank God for blessing me with you in my life!!

Happy Mother's Day to all the rest of you too!     God Bless,     ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment