Sunday 19 February 2012

A Fresh Vintage Thank You

If you're like me, you need to send out an awful lot more Thank You cards than you actually get around to sending.  We really need to spend more time thanking the people who enrich our lives, but sadly, we often let those moments pass.  So I am trying to create a series of Thank You cards to have on hand for just such moments as these.  And today's card happens to be one of them.

The border image from the Fresh Vintage set was stamped on either edge of a Whisper White card base. I used my Big Shot and the 3" circle die to cut a Whisper White circle.  The large flower image from the Fresh Vintage set was stamped (twice) in Night of Navy ink on the circle and a small flower from this set was stamped as well.  The sentiment, stamped in Night of Navy, comes from the Thank You Kindly set.  Then the edges of this white circle were sponged with Night of Navy ink.


I used the Paper Doily Sizzlit Die and my Big Shot to cut a Night of Navy doily.  Since only the outer edges of the doily are going to show, there are relatively few 'cut-out bits' that need to be removed - takes no time at all my friends!  The 3" circle was adhered to the doily cut-out and this assembly was glued to the front of the card.  The addition of some well-placed Basic Rhinestones and voila, an elegant but rather quick Thank You card.  Some bling, some blue and a Thank you too!

I really love it when I get stamp sets for free, and I really love the Fresh Vintage stamp set.  The fact that I earned this set FREE during Sale-A-Bration (on until Mar 31) makes me just that much happier!  Keep watching this site and I'll show you lots more ways to use the free items you can earn during Sale-A-Bration.

Have a wonderful Sunday and God Bless,      ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment