Thursday 4 September 2014

Thankful Thursday - So Appreciative of My Sensitive Daughter Today!!

Hello My Friends

Did you notice I've been absent quite a lot this past while?!  Summer was an extremely busy time for our family - and this year we tried to pack an extra lot into it since it is the last "summer off" I'll have in quite a while.  You see, as some of you are aware, for the first time in 16 years I am going back to work!  And today was my first day at the new job (more about all of that later.....I need to make this short.....).
Post-it note on the window of the car

At any rate, it has been ages upon ages since I worked outside of the home - (for pay) - and I will admit to being more than just a little bit nervous and stressed about such a big change in my life and that of my family.


Did I say I was nervous?  That is where darling daughter #2 comes in.   :)

When I headed out to the car to drive to work, this is what I saw......  A post-it note on the driver's window  -------->  

Want to know what it said??
Here's what the note "said"
This got me smiling for sure!  I could feel some of the nervousness melting away.

Then I opened the door and saw what was stuck to the steering wheel.  Gotta love that girl! 
Note on the steering wheel

Couldn't sit down until I removed another note.

Note on the driver's seat

Then I had to move the following note just to get the keys into the ignition!


Covering the ignition


Needless to say, I was all smiles as I drove out of the driveway.

Thanks darling for lightening my load this morning.   I love you, I love you, I love you.  Thankful Thursday it is!

Soon enough I will write out all the details about my new job for you, my friends.  But until then, I hope you all enjoyed your day and are looking forward to a wonderful weekend!

God Bless,      ~Cynthia    <><

5 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, how sweet is that child of yours. I can so relate to you going back to work after such a long time spent at home doing volunteer work and looking after your wonderful family. Like your daughter said, you'll do great and your family will appreciate you even more for all those years you dedicated yourself to just them. Congratulations on your "new" job.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Diane.
      It's been a time of nervousness and adjustment - but so far, so good ("she says", on her way to day #2 of the job.....). Hope your summer was absolutely super my friend. God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Good luck in your new job. I know a lot of people that certainly will miss you catering to all their scrapbooking needs. I for one but hope to keep in touch through some of your classes.
    /db

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that was beautiful!! Just goes to show you what a great job you and your hubby have done in raising your kids. I know you will do well at your new job. I miss you already. Hugs my friend.
    Suzane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your new Position, Tamara

    ReplyDelete