Wednesday 9 January 2013

Triple Time Paper Tole

I know I was supposed to fill you in on Sale-A-Bration today but I just had to show you one of the cards my ladies will be making at their club night tonight.  It is my version of the oh-so-popular Triple Time Stamping, but I love the little twist that gives it a 3D perspective.  Here, why don't you see for yourself?

Supply List (Spring catalogue)
Stamps - Secret Garden (w129141, c129144)
Paper - Whisper White (100730), Elegant Eggplant (105126), Garden Green (102584)
Ink - Elegant Eggplant (126969), Garden Green (126973), Wisteria Wonder (126985)
Big ShotSecret Garden Framelits (129372)
Tools and Accessories - Paper Snips 103579), 2-way Glue pen (100425), Dazzling Diamonds (102023), dimensionals (104430)

If you have wandered through any stamping blog over the last 6 months I am certain you have seen Triple Time Stamping.  What I love about my version is the flower cut-outs on the top layer that extend across the mat background.  LOVE the Secret Garden framelits that make cutting these out a breeze!  The die-cut leaves (using the same framelit) can be placed under flowers, under mat layers (see the bottom left corner)...anywhere you wish.  And paper snips make it oh-so-easy to cut out a few extra layers for the centres of 2 of the flowers, to raise them up and give the card some depth.  This is a simplified Paper Tole technique, and I was totally impressed with how great it works for this card.   A little glitter for added pizazz and the card is complete!

This card is neither complicated nor difficult to make.  No extra embellishments.  No tricky techniques.  But despite its 'simplicity', this card makes me very happy and I love how it turned out.  And when my darling husband returns from his curling game, picks it up and says, "I like that", I know I have a winner.   :)   So yeah - my club ladies for January will get to make their own version of this card!  Every one will be different.  And every one will be gorgeous.  I can't wait to see what they create!

Have a wonderful day and God Bless,     ~Cynthia    <><

No comments:

Post a Comment