Saturday 20 July 2013

Dahlias Are Delightful!

Hello Friends
It is hotter than blazes here in Southern Ontario - but I am still finding time to stamp (using make-shift tools as clear blocks).  I can certainly tell you this, I am missing my new Stampin' Up! ink pads - you know, the firm foam ones!!  I guess I hadn't realized how wonderful they are until I've had to spend a week using my mother's older, felt pads.  Don't get me wrong - even old Stampin' Up! ink pads are great.  But the new firm foam ink pads are definitely superior and are the best thing on the market!

As for todays' cards, I used Melon Mambo to stamp a single Dahlia for the first card, and used a mask to stamp multiples of the Dahlia on the second, Razzleberry card.  An Aquapainter to blend the shaded petals just a bit, and voila -- gorgeous cards - without too much time or difficulty!

Supply List     
Stamps - Regarding Dahlias (w130324, c130327)
Paper - Whisper White (100730)
Ink - Melon Mambo (126948), Rich Razzleberry (126950)
Tools and Accessories - Aquapainter (103954), Dimensionals (104430), Dazzling Diamonds (Melon Mambo card only) (102023)







I really love the effect of using an Aquapinter to blend the shaded petals of the Dahlias.  It reminds me of the children's paint-books we had as kids where the outlines of all the pictures are dried paint, and you just used a wet paint-brush to revive the paint and drag it into the image spaces.  Well my friends, that is essentially what I did here!  And if you are interested in doing this (and more), then join me on August 14 for a Delightful Dahlias class.  You'll get your stamp set (to keep) and some gorgeous cards - along with a few stunning techniques.  Check out my class schedule for more details, but I'll hope to see you then.


In the meantime - stay cool!!  And enjoy your weekend.    God Bless,    ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment