Sunday 21 July 2013

Dahlias - Simplicity Come to Life

Hello Friends

I just couldn't resist one last Dahlia card today, using a simple 'paper-tole' effect to make the Dahlia look more 3D and come to life.  It is a simple card, but very effective.  Easy peasy and oh so pretty.  I am holding a Delightful Dahlias class on August 14 and this is one of the types of cards we will be creating.  Interested?  The details are here - and we'd be happy to have you join us for a night of crafting!

Supply List     
Stamps - Regarding Dahlias (w130324, c130327) 
Paper - Whisper White (100730)
Ink - Tangerine Tango (126946)
Tools and Accessories - Paper Snips (103579), Dimensionals (104430), Bone Folder (102300)



May I just go on record as saying that any time you need to fussy cut anything out, paper snips are your absolute best tool to use.  I might be a little frustrated that my mother's house is limited in the colours that are available, has no firm, foam ink pads, and no clear blocks for me to use, but I LOVE that my Mom invested in a pair of paper snips several years ago.  They make this kind of cutting oh-so-much-easier!!  And she was smart and also purchased a bone folder.  Nothing is as effective for easily curling the edges of the petals.

Stampin' Up! bone folder and Stampin' Up! Paper Snips.  My Mom.  She would never sacrifice quality.  Ever.  Trust me!

We have a busy day ahead (celebrating a housewarming for a sister who has just moved back to Canada after 23 years in Germany) so I will sign off.  But I hope you all enjoy the end of your weekend.                 God Bless!    ~Cynthia     <><

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lisa! The gorgeous stamp set certainly makes it easy to create beautiful cards! Thanks for visiting. Hope your summer is turning out to be wonderful! God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete