Thursday 14 February 2013

Chalkboard Easel Thankful Thursday

Hello friends

I'll bet you were expecting a Valentine's Card, right?  I would have - except that all my Valentine crafting was finished last week and THIS is what I wanted to show you today.  If you spend any time online, then you have seen the chalkboard technique cropping up everywhere.  It almost seems like I am the only stamper around who hasn't posted a card using this technique...until now that is.  I wanted to wait until I had a really nice one to show you and I do believe this is it!  And although the sentiment doesn't scream "Thankful"...you better believe I am thankful for all the things that I've got.  Especially the things that are not "things", just like the card says.  By the way, on this Valentine's Day (and every other day of the year) .....I am extremely thankful for the love of a truly wonderful man!  Okay, now I am in danger of getting really off topic, so back to the card:

Supply List (Spring catalogue products)
Stamps - Feel Goods (w129681, c129684), Itty Bitties (128939), Everything Eleanor (w124162, c124164), Mixed Bunch (w125535, c125537)
Paper - Raspberry Ripple (126842), Pink Pirouette (100459), Basic Black (121045), Whisper White (100730), Print Poetry Designer Series Paper Stacks (129312)
Ink - Craft White (101731),
Raspberry Ripple (126842), Pink Pirouette (126859) 
Big ShotTo flatten the Soda Pop Tops
Tools and Accessories - Soda Pop Tops (129388), Designer Builder Brads (129329), Watercolor Pencils - white (101879), White Embossing Powder (109132), Heat Tool (129053), Embossing Buddy (103083), Stitched Satin Ribbon - Raspberry Ripple (126845), Itty Bitty Shapes Punch Pack (118309), 1/2" Circle Punch (119869), Blossom Punch (125603), dimensionals (104430), Stamping Sponges (101610)


I just love the effect of the chalkboard technique for making cardsFor those who want technical details....the images were stamped with craft ink on the black cardstock and embossed with white embossing powder.  A sponge very slightly loaded with white craft ink was used to create the "smudged" chalk effect and a white watercolor pencil was used to create the lines around the card.  I really love this one done as an easel card - I realize I haven't done an easel fold in a while and for the life of me, I can't figure out why?!   They are certainly easy enough.  And boy are they ever cute!

Today's card?  It is definitely above and beyond the cute category (if I do say so myself)This is one of the gorgeous cards that my club ladies are making at our February club nights.  Along with a beautiful bloom card and an Easter Basket (that is wickedly cute and easy too!).  If you are local and want to take club nights for a "test drive",  contact me and we'll see if we can arrange for you to join us.

And don't forget about my Mystery Hostess event.  Offer open to ANYONE in Canada, and you don't need to be available to come to the event evening.  Just let me know you have a qualifying order to put in.  EVERYONE splits the hostess benefits so you will get one of the 10 bonuses listed!  Contact me today - It just doesn't get any better!    :)

And in the meantime, have a wonderful day.  Happy Valentine's Day again.  And God Bless,    ~Cynthia     <><
 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia! I was SO happy to see that you were sharing with us this week. I love your card, and especially love the color combination. They just really work together, and it came together just SPOT ON!
    Thanks for stopping by to share your time and talents with us. SO nice to see you!
    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for hosting such a wonderful site Karen. Word Art Wednesday is a wonderful site full of very creative people. I am happy to join them!
      Hope your Valentine's Day was magnificent! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Cynthia,
    You have become a star overnight. What a beautiful card. Oh my goodness it is a work of art. I haven't made one yet but maybe soon???
    Happy Valentine’s Day to you and yours; we love that you have taken time to share your wonderful work with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!
    Pin and Tack have an AG month long challenge. You might want to consider giving this beauty more airtime.
    PS Thanks for the mailbox drop centre, I'll square up on Sunday night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carole - you are making me blush! Looking forward to seeing you for our team meeting on Sunday night so you can make a snazzy version of chalkboard (with colours!). Hope your week has improved. BTW - the card you/Taylor put on Word Art Wednesday is gorgeous! Love the rosette!
      Have a super long weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete