Friday 15 February 2013

Fast & Fabulous Chalkboard Swallowtail

Good Morning Friends

Remember when we were kids and we used all sorts of wonderful colours of chalk to create works of art on the chalkboard?  Well, I decided to use coloured embossing powder to try to achieve the same effect.  Naturally I wanted to re-create the chalkboard technique I showed yesterday.  So although this card may look like it took time (because of the multiple colours), it is really just various colours of embossing powder and took no time at all.  See?  Fast.  And fabulous!
     (Added note:  See the video to re-create this technique here)

Supply List (Spring or SAB catalogues)
Stamps - Swallowtail (w129213, c129216), Vintage Verses (w129633, c129636)
Paper - Whisper White (100730), Basic Black (121045)
Ink - Versamark (102283)
Tools/Accessories - Heat Tool (129053), Embossing Powder - White (109132), Melon Mambo (123223), Tangerine Tango (123106), Pool Party (129398), Tempting Turquoise (122950), Watercolor Pencils - white (101879), Stamping Sponges (101610), Embossing Buddy (103083)

I think I will do a video (!!) on the multi-coloured embossing technique so check back this weekend if you want to see how that is done.  (Gulp - there - I said it.  I am doing a video.  I've GOT to do one now!!).  I wonder....in today's day and age of white boards and "smart boards"...will kids forget what chalkboards, blackboards and coloured chalk is?  I guess not, since they will still have chalk to colour on the sidewalks.  But it just isn't the same thing in my books.  Oh well, the end of an era!

Don't forget about my Mystery Hostess event.  Offer open to ANYONE in Canada, and you don't need to be available to come to the event evening.  Just let me know you have a qualifying order to put in.  EVERYONE splits the hostess benefits so you will get one of the 10 bonuses listed!  Contact me today - It just doesn't get any better!    :)

In the meantime, I hope you all have a wonderful day and a superb weekend!!

4 comments:

  1. VERY cool effect from the colored embossing powders, Cynthia. That's one awesome thing about being a demonstrator - you've learned SO many cool techniques. And I'm super blessed that you're sharing them with us in our challenges. It's SO nice seeing you share your beautiful cards with us, and I really hope you're having a blessed week! Thanks again for stopping by to join us.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words Karen. And yes - one of the reasons I signed up to be a demonstrator is because I wanted to own EVERYTHING and do everything! And I am enjoying it mightily. Glad you like the card.
      Have a truly wonderful long weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Cymthia I was so hoping it would be blackboard on Sunday PM. I have to say this is one fine flutterby. You have gone to another level with your art. A God given talent
    that you dint't bury.
    We are so pleased when you post at WAW.
    Carole
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!
    PS.
    I'll send you a picture, I've made 70 all SU products, bookmarks and little containers to hold a lip gloss. I did the Muslim blessing , embossed it and used a scallop punch. I made 4 layer flowers, way too much work. I am of course praying over them constantly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest Carole - thank you for sending me a photo of the shower favours you made. What an incredible amount of work! And they are fabulously gorgeous. Plain and simply...gorgeous! The recipients will be unbelievably impressed - and very blessed indeed. So wonderful of you to share your gifts that way.
      Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow evening and we'll do the chalkboard technique qith multi-colours!
      Have a wonderful weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete