Monday 10 March 2014

March Break and All's Quiet Here......

Good Morning Friends

I am late posting anything because as many of you already know, it is March Break in Ottawa and I have a FULL house!!  
Pancakes with raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, strawberries, chocolate chips and Real whipped cream (disguised in an old Cool Whip container or else my son won't eat it!). Fake syrup for the half that prefers it. Real syrup for the rest.

For the first time in their entire lives, my children are HERE in Ottawa for March Break!  Instead of making the 6 hr drive to southern Ontario to visit family, I picked up my 4 nieces and nephew on Saturday (my sister drove up and met me at a city halfway between us) and brought them up here so I have 8 kids from 6 to 16 for the week.  
They certainly seemed to ENJOY it!!

My nieces and nephew are great.  My own children ADORE them.  And they all get along amazingly well.  And since I grew up in a family of 9 kids, this just brings back memories.....

Yesterday was a blast.  Finished the day off with skating in the park until 8:30 pm and then they returned to a late-night Family Movie of "Frozen".  Right now it is 9:30 in the morning and they are ALL still asleep.  So far, so good!    :)

At any rate, I WILL be posting this week, and in fact have a cool post for you tomorrow!   But for today, I will leave you with a picture of yesterday's feast. We lost an hour's sleep (changed our clocks on Saturday night) and were up early for 8:30 Mass, but when you get to come home to this.....it's all good!

Enjoy a wonderful day - wherever you are and whomever is with you - and I will "see" you again soon!

God Bless,    ~Cynthia   <><

No comments:

Post a Comment