Thursday 27 March 2014

Thankful Thursday - Sweetie Pie Goes Hawaiian

Hello Friends

It's a Thankful Thursday and today I am thankful for all of you!  No.  Truly! 
 ALL of YOU!

Each year Stampin' Up! has a Grand Vacation that they offer as an incentive to demonstrators who perform well in personal sales and leadership.  And yesterday I found out that I have earned the Grand Vacation for next year.  So in May of 2015, myself and a guest (my hubby, of course) will be headed to Hawaii!!

And even better - we've got it all planned out so that we will be able to take the kids with us!!

We told them yesterday.  They had no idea.  Not an inkling - so you can imagine the whoops and screams of delight.  My 4 kids have never even seen the ocean, let alone swam in it.  I guess if their very first experience is Waikiki Beach, everything else might pale in comparison?!

But none of this, NONE of it, would have been possible without YOU.  My friends.  My customers.  My family.  My supporters.  My cheerleaders.  And to be quite honest, none of it would be worth doing if not for you.  More than anything else, what I get out of "this job" is a chance to spread smiles and laughter.  When we get together to craft, we have fun.  Correction....FUN.  And I love the time I get to spend with each and every one of you.

So today I have used Sweetie Pie to create a Hawaiian girl who thanks each and every one of you!  The Sweetie Pie faces are just a shade too small for the Dress-Up mannequin/body, but I think she does the trick anyhow, don't you?   And notice the Crisp Cantaloupe sponging on her cheeks?  I am hoping that reflects the "slight bit" of colour we will all get when we head to Hawaii (instead of the massive sunburns I am hoping we all manage to avoid).  We are still in the clutches of winter here in Ottawa right now, so thinking about being in that warm, tropical sun a year from now is awfully inviting!

Until then - and as always - I will remain thankful.  To all of you.  Each and every one of you who has made this possible.  From the bottom of my heart (and my hula skirt!) - THANK YOU!

God Bless you all,       ~Cynthia    <><

Product List
Stamp : Peaceful Petals [clear] [133107], Sweetie Pie [photopolymer] [136849]
Ink : Basic Black Classic Stampin' Pad [126980] , Strawberry Slush Classic Stampin' Pad [131178] , Crisp Cantaloupe Classic Stampin' Pad [131176] , Early Espresso Stampin Write Marker [119680] , Early Espresso Classic Stampin' Pad [126974]
Card Stock : Gumball Green 8-1/2" X 11" Card Stock [126840] , Sahara Sand 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [121043] , Whisper White 8-1/2X11 Card Stock [100730] , Pool Party 8-1/2 X 11 Card Stock [122924] , Crisp Cantaloupe 8-1/2" X 11" Cardstock [131298]
Tools & Adhesive : Fringe Scissors [133325] , Stamping Sponges [101610] , Blender Pens [102845]
Punch : Petite Petals Punch [133322] , Itty Bitty Shapes punch pack [118309] , Bird Punch [117191]
Ribbon & Trim : Calypso Coral 3/4" Chevron Ribbon [130018] , Calypso Coral Baker's Twine [125573]
Accessory : Sweet Sorbet Designer Series Paper [133521] , Basic Pearls Jewel Accents [119247]
Big Shot : Dress Up Framelits Dies [130101]

8 comments:

  1. Congratulations Cynthia! Love the card!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shirley. I have had this idea in the back of my mind for quite a while now so I was thrilled that it actually turned out the way I envisioned it! Glad you like it too!
      Hope you have had an equally happy and thankful day! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. Congratulations Cynthia!! Hawaii is my most favourite vacation place in the world and especially Waikiki Beach. Your card perfectly expresses how wonderful it is. Love it...................Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Diane - you will have to give me advice and suggestions about Hawaii.....I want this to be the trip of dreams for my kids! Our first, last and ONLY big trip together before they start leaving for University! We are going to make memories for sure!
      Hope you've had a lovely day. See you Sunday! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  3. You might want to fix your Hello, right now it says He.. Cute, cute Card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Mary - that is SOOOOO funny! :) I guess I was too excited to proofread. And everyone else seemed to skip the salutation (or was too polite to tell me I was cussing in my first line!)
      Thanks for pointing out my error! Have a wonderful evening and God Bless you!! ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  4. This card is one of the most inspired pieces, I've seen from you. I really like it and it's perfect for your occasion. I hope you all have the time of your lives!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan - and since I know you see ALL of my cards (I swear you are my biggest fan!), I know this card really accomplished its intention! Glad you like it my friend. Hope your day is going well! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete