Monday 26 March 2012

Happy Birthday Benjamin !!

My darling son turned 10 years old today (He's my 'baby'.  When did he grown up?!?).  And of course I wanted to make a special birthday card for him.  I remembered that Lorri Heiling had made a super-cute digger and dump truck card a while back so I set about to make one of my own.  Of course, hers was way more sophisticated, but I am still pleased with my simplified version.   The stamped images are all from the I Dig You set.
The arm of the digger was stamped multiple times and the pieces were cut out individually and attached together using brads.  So the arm is completely moveable and is hinged in all the right places!!  All wheels were embossed with black embossing powder so they are just like rubber tires, and the clouds (frosting from the cupcake punch) and the ground were embossed using the Lattice Square embossing folder then lightly sponged to give them extra texture.
It really didn't take long too make this card, but it sure packs a little boy punch.  Best of all, Benjamin loves it too!

Hope everyone is enjoying the beginning of their week.    God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><

No comments:

Post a Comment