Friday 23 March 2012

I'm Back - Let's Have a Fast and Fabulous Friday!!

It took a Bell telephone repairman almost 4 hours to find the problem but we finally have our internet back again and let me tell you - I am one happy camper.  So without further ado, let's see about a card, shall we.

Today's card is what I call a Fast and Fabulous card.  I was aiming for something that took 10 minutes or less to make.  Honest to goodness, today's card took me just under 5 (!!).  It uses the Greenhouse Garden Stamp set (love this set) and I took my colour inspiration from my daughter's Christmas pyjamas.

Here are her PJs.  There are snowflakes in Melon Mambo, Peach Parfait, Calypso Coral and Regal Rose.  Now it may seem that snowflakes in these colours are just wrong...but I loved the combination so decided to make a flower garden with the same colours.

This is what I came up with and I love it.  Especially for a 5 minute card.  The Sentiment is from Thank You Kindly, stamped in Basic Black.  I used the Greenhouse Garden Stamp set to make all the flowers and used the colurs above, but added Daffodil Delight to give my card bouquet a real Spring feel.  The "lines" within the flowers, giving them definition, are stamps that come with the Greenhouse Garden stamp set.  It is a 2-step stamping technique, and my lines are made just with black again.  Love, love, love this stamp set.

So now it's your turn.  You must have a set of Flower stamps (and if you don't might I suggest Greenhouse Garden.  It is gorgeous!!).  Pick some colours that go well together.  And stamp yourself a garden bouquet in 10 minutes or less!

I can't wait to show you the other project I've made using this stamp set.  All of my club members this month have made it and both the project and the technique have been a real hit.  Using Greenhouse Garden doesn't hurt either.  It is just beautiful.

We have a gorgeous Spring Day waiting for us here in Ottawa.  I hope all of you are looking forward to a wonderful weekend.  I'll be back real soon to make up for lost (internet) time.
God Bless,      ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment