Friday 27 July 2012

Convention Fun

Hi Friends

More than just showing you some of the great cards I saw there, I wanted to tell you just a bit about Convention.  If I had to pare it down into one sentence, I'd have to say...Convention was a BLAST!  I had so much fun, it was unbelievable!  And perhaps the most fun of all was the Class that I helped present 4 times over the course of 2 days. 


Karen Hauley (from Stampin' Up!) asked Jill Hilliard, Megumi Holland and myself to help present a class called "I Am Earning an Incentive Trip".  Let me tell you, I had a bunch to say but I learned a whole LOT from Meg and Jill.  A ton!  These two ladies had a wealth of information to share and I was so glad to be a part of it.  And in addition to the tips and advice, Karen, Meg and Jill are just plain old NICE!  What fun to be a part of that group! 





And to add icing to the cake, Karen gave each of us a gorgeous journal (created using Stampin' Up!'s MDS program) and the inside cover included a personal note written to each of us from Shelli Gardner, co-founder and CEO of Stampin' Up!







I also learned an awful lot at the other classes I attended.  Bonnie Thurber asked Tami White and Ronda Wade to share their expertise with us in a class called "I Am Doing Business My Way".  Both of these wonderful ladies had excellent advice for us.  And Bonnie, as always, was a riot.

Donna Griffith put together a class called "I am Savvy" and Dawn Griffith, Meg Wheeler and Laura Milligan each showed us ways to design projects using some of the wonderful SU! products that we have available to us.

And Carrie Cudney (I am in awe of this woman!) showed us ways to put DSP together in a class called "I Am a Pattern-Mixing Pro".  I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed all of these classes and how much I learned at them.  Hopefully all of this newfound knowledge will be obvious to you when you attend clubs and classes over the next several months!

I would be happy to share all this knowledge with you and welcome you to my clubs, classes or events.  And if you wish to become a Stampin' Up! demonstrator, then I'd love to have you join my team.  We can share the Convention experience together next year!  Believe me, you'll have a blast.  I guarantee it!

Till then, have a wonderful evening and God Bless,       ~Cynthia    <><

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cynthia - I loved your class. You did a great job. Your enthusiasm is infectious! Congratulations on Founder's Circle, Rising Star and earning the Fiji trip - had work pays off great with SU! My friend Nancy and I talked with you inside Starbucks at the Marriott. You were wearing your darling Christmas earrings and I thank you for sharing your tips with us.

    Sincerely, Wendie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendie!!
      I do remember our conversation in Starbucks - and I remember you and Nancy (although I will admit I did not recall your names. Thank you for the reminder!). The class was a LOT of fun and I am so glad that you feel that you heard a few good tips. I am already trying to wrap my head around incorporating some of the wonderful advice I got from Jill and Meg (and other classes at Convention) - if only summer were 6 weeks longer. I feel like I am already behind! I will look forward to seeing you again next year at Convention and hopefully both of us (and Nancy too) will have ribbons stating we earned the Caribbean Cruise. Thanks so much for popping in here at StampWithCynthia. Have a wonderful weekend and God Bless!

      Delete