Wednesday 18 July 2012

Convention Swaps

So....apparently it is a tradition that when you come to Convention, you bring swap cards.  These are identical copies of cards you make to "trade" (or "swap") with other demonstrators.    I know women who make 150 and 200 swaps!!  Or they make 50 each of 2 or 3 different designs.  Ack!!  Me?!?  I am a little overwhelmed at the whole idea but I didn't want to "not" join in the fun, so I used one of the cards I designed for my ladies for our June card club as the basis for my Convention swap. 

Supply List
Stamps - Stippled Blossoms
Paper - Whisper White, Garden Green, Marina Mist, Bashful Blue
Ink - Garden Green, Lucky Limeade, Marina Mist, Baja Breeze (Stamped off once so it is pale)
Big Shot -  Top Note die, Fancy Fan EF, Delicate Designs EF, Square Lattice EF (optional)
Tools and Accessories - Sponges, pearls

At club, the ladies had the option of embossing the main stamped image or leaving it "unembossed".  I think there was pretty much a 50/50 split as to who embossed or left it 'flat'.  So I made both versions to bring to Convention and will let the recipients decide which one they prefer.  The embossed version ends up looking more like linen and is a really cool effect but this photo does not do it justice.  In this photo it looks like too much of the fine detail is obscured by the embossing, but in real life the embossed version is very, very pretty.

At least, I hope my swap buddies think so!

I hope to figure out how to download photos onto my laptop (?!?! wish me luck!!) so that I'll be able to share with you some of the very cool swaps I receive in return.  Keep your fingers crossed!  And stay tuned.    :)

Have a wonderful day and God Bless!    ~Cynthia    <><

No comments:

Post a Comment