Sunday 15 July 2012

Welcome Baby

I spend quite a lot of time at the orthodontist.  Not me exactly, but 3 of my kids do.  I sit in the waiting room drinking tea and working on my laptop (our orthodontist has free wifi and also a Keurig.  Gotta love it!).  Meanwhile my daughters get their teeth straightened.  My DH and I both had extensive work done on our teeth when we were young so our kids were doomed.  My son?  So far his teeth are fine.  And we are hoping they stay that way!

Anyhow, my point to this story is that I spend a lot of time in that office.  In a single 14 day stretch this Spring when 2 of my girls got their braces on while the third had an appliance replaced, we had 8 appointments!  Aargh!  But I did get to know the staff fairly well.  They are always so agreeable and accommodating with rearranging appointments, changing schedules and with emergency visits.  I am very happy that they make spending time at the office an easy experience.

One of the receptionists just had her first child - a baby girl - and since we had an appointment this week anyhow, I decided to make a baby card to welcome the newest little pink bundle to Ottawa.

Supply List
Stamps - Two By Two
Paper - Whisper White, Pink Pirouette, Bashful Blue
Ink - Basic Gray, Pretty In Pink, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Wisteria Wonder, Chocolate Chip, Pacific Point, Tempting Turquoise, Melon Mambo, Pool Party, Marina Mist, Island Indigo
Big Shot -  Fancy Fan EF
Tools and Accessories - Blender Pen, Dazzling Details, Pretty In Pink Stitched Grosgrain Ribbon

I think that I used more colours of ink on this one card than I have ever used before in an entire week!  But colouring in the ark and its occupants with my blender pen was actually quite fun.  And very forgiving!  I stamped the outline of the ark with Basic Gray so it wouldn't be too overpowering.  Then coloured the areas I wanted using my blender pens and pools of ink from the lids of the ink pads.  Can you believe those elephants are not gray, but wisteria-coloured?

I was really quite pleased with how this turned out, especially the new Fancy Fan folder to simulate waves.  Some dazzling details on the portholes and water, a cute bit of ribbon, and my card was complete!  The flap of the envelope was embossed with the Fancy Fan detailing as well.  And a knot of the pink ribbon was laced through a hole in the front of the envelope.  I just love how with a hand-made card I can coordinate the envelope with the card itself.  Those little details just make the whole thing perfect!

I know Samantha will be very busy (and very tired) in these first few weeks with baby B.  But I also know that she is wished a million blessings from everyone in the office - both those she worked with, and those patients (and parents) that she so cheerfully helped.  God Bless your whole family Samantha, and especially your new addition.

To all of you, my faithful friends!    :)   Enjoy the rest of your weekend and God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><

2 comments:

  1. Super Cute! Adorable Image and Coloring.
    Tons Of Hugs, Dangina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dangina! I don't colour very often and I think I'm a little rusty...so I was really pleased with how this turned out. Glad you like it too!
      Have a great end to your weekend! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete