Thursday 6 February 2014

Thankful Thursday - From My (Golden) Heart

Hello Dear Friends

Another Thankful Thursday and I have LOTS to be thankful for - as always!  But today I am going to focus on something from the past.  You see, for reasons that are not important here, today I was remembering some fantastic sister demos that I met a year and a half ago in Salt Lake City at my first (and so far, only) Stampin' Up! Convention.

I was at Convention with 5000 women from all over North America - yet I was alone. 
My upline did not attend Convention. 
I was new and really didn't know very many people. 
And I was feeling somewhat overwhelmed. 

When I registered at the Convention Awards desk, I found out that I had achieved a fantastic honour - a phenomenal honour - Founders' Circle - but there I was, standing alone, without friends or family.  I didn't really have anyone to share my excitement with.  And it was awkward and lonely, to say the least.  Enter two wildly generous and uber-friendly SU! demonstrators from western Canada.  "Strangers' - yes.  But not for long.  These women instantly took me under their wing and told me I needed a hug (and they were right!).  Minutes after introducing ourselves, it was as if we were old friends!  And then later at the Awards Night itself, they let me tag along with their entire group and dance with joy and abandon.

Lauren and Rebecca -- and Cheryl, Fran, Heidi and Leanne......I am not certain you know just how grateful I am for the way you took me under your wing?!?  And since then, although we have not been geographically close, I have gotten to keep in touch via facebook - I've watched your lives unfold and shared in some ups and downs with you.

If I could hug each of you now to say Thank You, I would.  But in the absence of geographical closeness, let me just say Thank You From the Bottom of My Heart, for blessing my life with your smiles and support and encouragement.

Moving on to today's card then:
I love letting gold vellum and gold sequins do all the heavy lifting to add "oomph" to a card.  Pretty wonderful the way you can use adhesive behind the little gold hearts to glue down the vellum, without unsightly adhesive marks, right?  And that bit of gold foil showing from behind the gold-embossed sentiment - just enough to be classy without being overpowering.  



Did you know that this stamp set (From My Heart) is on sale this week for 25% off?  It is a wonderful set and it has never, ever before been offered for such a phenomenal price!  if you want to order it while it is such a deal, go online, or contact me.  You won't be sorry!

I hope all of you take time today to think of all those random and sporadic chance encounters that bless you - Go ahead, be thankful for them!  Be thankful for those strangers who instantly become close friends.  The kind that are meant to be cherished and remembered and appreciated.  If only from a distance......

God Bless you all.
Have a wonderful weekend,    ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment