Tuesday 8 July 2014

Allow Me to Comment on Your Awesomeness!

Hello Friends

Lots of people to thank this week.  And what better way to say Thank You, than to remind them of their unbelievable awesomeness!?!  And with our new photopolymer set, Flower Patch, I was able to do just that.

Now this was another quick and easy card to make.  But do you know what my 2 favourite things about this card are?  

1)  The embossed texture on the Blackberry Bliss layer.  
We often think that when very little of an element is showing, that it is less important, but I beg to differ.  There is not a lot of the Blackberry mat showing, but embossing it makes all the difference in the world!  So next time you have a thin section of mat showing behind your focal element, don't be afraid to spice it up with a little texture!

2)  I couldn't get the Blackberry Flower on the right side to be quite right or balanced on the card.  Several of the other bloom images in the stamp set were larger than I wanted, and several were too small.  And none of the other ink colours seemed to be quite the answer to balance my flowers....until I got the idea to use a second, flower-burst stamp overlayed on the first.  I inked it up with Blackberry Bliss, then stamped off on a scratch pad before stamping twice, successively (with a quarter turn) over the main flower petals.  I totally love the gradation in colours for these petals.

What else do I love?
Well, it doesn't apply to this particular card perhaps, but I love, Love, LOVE that Stampin' Up! is continuing to provide us with great savings!
 
Have I said that enough times these past several months?  Or do you want me to repeat it again?!

Here are today's weekly deals.  25% off each of these fantastic items.  Woo hoo!  Stampin' Up!, you're the best!   The absolute BEST!

Hope everyone is enjoying their week so far!    God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><


Product List

2 comments:

  1. Very pretty card, as always. I hope you have a fantabulous week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear friend. So far my week - and my summer - have been spectacular! Hope yours have been too! God Bless, Cynthia <><

      Delete