Wednesday 23 July 2014

DIY Designer Paper - Your Preferred Variation?

Good Morning My Friends

Since I am visiting at my parent's home and am without most of my supplies, I decided to make my own.  Well.... sort of!

I just received the fun and funky "What's Your Type" photopolymer stamp set and was dying to play with it so I brought it with me on my holiday.  I really didn't have any particular image in mind to create with the varied shapes, so I decided instead to make my own designer paper!  I absolutely love how easy it is to get accurate placement of images when you use photopolymer stamps!!  Believe me - I was able to quite quickly produce a piece of very funky faux designer paper!
Design 1

Design 2

You might also remember that I brought all of my Blendabilities with me on vacation as I have not yet had a really good chance to play with them.  So today I set about colouring some flowers (Beautiful Bunch) and some butterflies (Papillon Potporri).  Can I just mention that I am *still* loving my Blendabilities and I think everyone should sign up for my virtual Blendabilities club (details HERE).  Trust me - you are going to want them *all* so you may as well get them the easiest and least expensive way possible!
Design 3

Design 4

Regardless - after fussy cutting out the images, I was having a hard time deciding on the best placement of the elements on my faux DSP.  I have 4 different variations here - but nothing is glued down permanently yet.  So I am going to ask you,my friends, to weigh in.  

Which or the 4 placements do you prefer?


Naturally I will have to once again do a random draw of all those who weigh in (by Friday), and that person will receive this card - glued down, of course, in their preferred design!!

In the meantime, while I wait to hear back from you, my friends, I will wish to all of you a wonderful (and not too hot) day!!    God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><

22 comments:

  1. AnonymousJuly 23, 2014

    I'll go with #4. Beautiful card Cynthia.

    Suzane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my dear friend. :) It is amazing what you can do with limited supplies (and a bit of imagination!). Hope you have been enjoying your summer. God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. I can't decide - it's between #3 and #4...and I agree...another beautiful card by Cynthia!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kinda with you Val (and Suzane too). I tend to like the balance of the sentiment in the middle of the card. But I needed to create #1 and #2 simply *because* I often get locked into a centred version of balance and I know I need to stretch myself more! :)
      oh yeah and ...Thanks! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Ok then. Seems centred sentiment is ahead by a longshot. Glad to see you weighing in Tiffany. Hope your summer has been great - despite a slight bit of over-exposure to the sun I hear? :(
      Have a great day and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
    2. Hi Cynthia! I hope you're enjoying your holiday. I would go with #4.

      Delete
    3. Hello Susan! (My daily Susan affirmation ! :) Wouldn't be a good blog day without you here!) Thanks so much for your friendship and support my dear friend! Hope your day is going well. God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  4. AnonymousJuly 23, 2014

    Wish I could come up with these cards. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Anonymous - I am not sure who you are...but I am betting that you could do all of this with the right tools. And heaven knows, even with limited supplies, I have all the tools!! That is WHY I became a demonstrator. I wanted everything!! :) Glad you like the cards though. And thank you so much for visiting! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  5. Love them all! I choose design 1.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aha Denise. A seasoned, practiced eye! On FB, #1 is edging out all of the competition so you are in good company!. Hope all is well with you and your Bear :)
      Have a wonderful day and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  6. I like design one the best. I like the larger butterfly on the bottom, it weights down the whole image. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for weighing in Karin. I'm with you in that of the 2 vertical cards, #1 is definitely (in my mind) better balanced). Hope your summer has been wonderful so far! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  7. I LIKE DESIGN NUMBER 4. I have the large butterfly punch. Where is the small one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Olivia - I sent you the info about the small butterfly on FB but in case you miss it - the small butterfly punch is called Bitty Butterfly (pg 219). Love mine. Thanks for commenting and have a wonderful afternoon,
      God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  8. AnonymousJuly 23, 2014

    I guess I like stepping outside the box.. I reviewed all 4 over and over and I like card 2

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and letting me know. Sounds like you are a non-conformist and I like that! Feel free to step outside the box any time! And if you "win" the draw....what is your name? So I'll know who to send the card to.

      Have a wonderful evening and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Cathy my friend!! I missed seeing you - hope you had a WONDERFUL time at Convention! I loved the photo of you with face paint. Very elegant! Thanks for weighing in and making your voice heard. Hope you are adjusting to being home again. Take care and miss you! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  10. AnonymousJuly 24, 2014

    Boy you don't make things easy do you my friend, ha ha ha. I definitely have to go with card #4 - love the balance and flow of the card....................Diane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear dear Diane - it is not my job to make it easy for you! Ha ha. But lets face it, the Stampin' Up! products are so beautiful, that it would be difficult to make a "bad" card, don't you think?!
      Thanks for offering your perspective. Have a wonderful day and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete