Friday 8 June 2012

Fast (and Fabulous) Friday - Serene Silhouettes

The Fed-Ex truck delivered a BIG box of goodies to my house last night and I must admit, I am a very happy stamper!  I thought I liked some of these stamp sets when I saw them in the new catalogue.  Now I have decided that I LOVE these sets!  Be prepared to see a lot of new sets over the next little while because I am going to have to try out everything!

One of the first sets that I was drawn to is Serene Silhouettes.  I saw a card on another demonstrator's website using a very simple placement of the images, and I liked the way it looked.  So I turned it into a monchromatic 2 minute card!


Supply List
Stamps - Serene Silhouettes
Paper - Crumb Cake
Ink - Basic Black
Tools and Accessories -  Sponges, Homemade Shimmer Mist



Three of the 4 stamps included with Serene Silhouettes were used for this card.  One, two, three - then the stamping was pretty much done.  The edges of the card were sponged with black to make it seem like the early morning fog is just drifting away, and lastly, the whole card was spritzed with a homemade shimmer mist so that in real life, the card is quite sparkly.

Really quite fast.  Really quite striking.

I think I will have to explore more ways to use these gorgeous images over the next little while!  I already have a feeling that Serene Silhouettes is going to become one of my favourite sets from the new catalogue.

In the meantime, enjoy your weekend and God Bless,     ~Cynthia    <><

3 comments:

  1. Sonya LaRocqueJune 08, 2012

    can you post a link on how to make homemade shimmer mist?
    s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that - I meant to set up the links when I made the post. I've fixed it now and you can link directly to "making your own" shimmer mist. It's so easy. Alcohol, shimmer paint and a spray bottle. Follow the link to Sharon Field's site for details. Have a happy and shimmery weekend! God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. AnonymousJune 15, 2012

    Cynthia I fell in love with this set the minute I saw it! Beautiful cards, I just finished one of my swap cards using Serene Silhouettes. Lovely!
    Rachelle.

    ReplyDelete