Wednesday 6 June 2012

A Pig With Gratitude and Attitude

Some of you may know that I help out with the Catholic School Board Children's Choir here in Ottawa.  Every year we have 80 kids from schools all across Ottawa who rehearse and perform together as one of the best children's choirs for miles around.  The final concert of the year took place just this past Saturday and I must tell you, the children sounded spectacular!!  Of course, I may be somewhat biased since all 4 of my children are in the choir.

The mascot for our choir is a pig and after each choir practice one child is recognized and given a small plastic pig as an award.  The rationale for our mascot choice is from the the old 'joke' -- you know, long story short: the farm animals want to thank the farmer for being so wonderful and decide to give him bacon and eggs for breakfast.  In order to accomplish this, the chicken merely gives a donation to the breakfast feast.  But the pig is committed!!
Well, since the pig is a symbol of commitment, we use it as our mascot and the choir director awards one each week to the child who is particularly committed and focused at practice.

Choir is finished for this season but the Choir Council is getting together tonight for a final meeting before our summer hiatus.  I wanted to make a thank you card to give to the other Choir Council members, and naturally I preferred something with a pig on it.  So I used the Button Buddies set to make some quick thank you cards.  Here is the least frou-frou one, since there are 2 men on the Council and I didn't think they would appreciate bright pink and glitter!  I'll show you the other cards later.  But for now, here is the "man-version" of my pig thank you card.


Supply List
Stamps - Button Buddies, Kindness Matters
Paper - Whisper White
Ink - Melon Mambo, Chocolate Chip
Big Shot -  Square Lattice embossing folder
Tools and Accessories - 2 1/2" Circle Punch, Chocolate Chip Scallop Dots Ribbon, Sponges, Buttons, Dimensionals


What do you think?  Not-girlie girl I hope?  Neutral enough that the men won't cringe when they get them?  I sure hope so.  These 2 men put a whole LOT of effort into making our choir a success and they deserve a pig award -- this is my little way of telling them they are appreciated!   So this here pig has gratitude and attitude!


That's all for now.  Have a marvelous day and God Bless,    ~Cynthia   <><

No comments:

Post a Comment