Friday 22 June 2012

Fast & Fabulous - Trust God

My family was truly blessed and privileged last weekend to attend the wedding of two of the most lovely and giving people you are ever likely to meet.  Naturally I wanted to make a very special card for the young couple, but I did not have a lot of time at my disposal.  I managed to come up with a card that I love, and it just so happens to qualify as a Fast and Fabulous card.

JP and Mary-Rie chose to get married on the Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary so naturally my card had to include some "Marian" shades of blue. And I couldn't resist using the Lattice BigZ die to make some elegant crosses!   Come on over and see how I put this together:


Supply List
Stamps - Trust God
Paper - Whisper White, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy
Ink - Versamark
Big Shot -  Lattice BigZ Die, Delicate Designs Embossing Folder
Tools and Accessories - Silver Embossing powder, dimensionals

The bottom edge of the white card was embossed with the new Delicate Designs embossing folder.   Isn't this bit of embossing just lovely?

Three lattice pieces were cut from the white and 2 blue papers, and a bit of detailing and fussy-cutting transformed these trellis pieces into crosses.  They were offset from each other and the 2 blues were glued together while the white was popped up on dimensionals in the forefront.

The sentiment, from Trust God, is the perfect final addition to this card.  It was stamped with versamark and silver powder was used to emboss the words.  Notice how nice and lovely the background is?  Meaning no stray bits of silver embossing powder on the card.  That's because I used my embossing buddy (finally available to order from SU! after months of not being able to)!  These handy-dandy little pouches work miracles to keep stray bits of powder from sticking where you don't want them.  I may need to buy more than one.  They seem to disappear from my work space.  However, it could be that they are merely getting lost in the messy space that is my craft area.   :)

You cannot see it, but a sentiment from "God's Blessings" was embossed with silver embossing powder inside of the card.

I love how this card ended up.  Simple.  Yet unique and elegant.  I hope the Bride and Groom love it just as much.

We are getting closer to the weekend folks.  I love it!!  I hope everyone enjoys their weekend.  For my friends in Quebec, Happy St. Jean Baptiste Day.  For the rest of us, have a great weekend and try to stay cool!
God Bless     ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment