Thursday 28 June 2012

Reason to Smile - Reason #1

Hello there friends.
If you are an optimist like me, you can always find a reason to smile.  But during the month of July, there is an especially good reason to smile!!  Stampin' Up! has come out with an exclusive stamp set that will ONLY be available during July 2012.  It is a 2-step stamping set called ....wait for it....Reason To Smile!  And during July, if you place an order of $60 or more, you can get this stamp set for only $5.  That's right.  $5.  Wood or clear!   Believe me - this promotion IS a Reason to Smile!

I wanted to show you a card that I made using the Reason to Smile stamp set.  I didn't even utilize the 2-step part of it for today's card.  (But don't worry....you will be seeing a LOT of this stamp set over the next little while so you will see some 2-step stamping coming up soon.)  Here's what I have for you today:



Supply List
Stamps - Reason To Smile (available July ONLY), Lacy & Lovely
Paper - Whisper White
Ink - Black StazOn, Daffodil Delight, Old Olive
Big Shot -  Perfect Polka Dots Embossing Folder
Tools and Accessories - Aquapainter, White Grosgrain ribbon

 One of the things I love about this outline image is that it begs for "watercolouring".  And watercolouring is not meant to be exact.  Outside the lines?  Not to worry.  White spaces?   The more the better.  Exactness is NOT what watercolouring is all about.  Watercolouring gives an 'effect', an "inexactness", that I love.  And it so totally fits my character.  I am a little outside the lines myself sometimes!    :)



Enough about me....July is a great time to put in a $60 order.   Knock a few items off your wish list.  And ALSO pick up this gorgeous stamp set for an amazingly low price!  Better yet - host a workshop or a private card class.  You'll get the opportunity to share some creative time with friends and give them a Reason To Smile too!  What could be better?  I can fill orders from anywhere in Canada.  And I can do parties or workshops anywhere within the Ottawa region.   Contact me today so we can place your order or get your workshop/party onto my schedule. 

See you tomorrow for a Fast & Fabulous Friday!   It's a good bet that I'll be giving you a Fast & Fabulous "Reason To Smile"!  Have a wonderful day. 

God Bless,      ~Cynthia     <><

2 comments:

  1. Like this very much. Did you stamp first and then do the dots embossing folder?

    Blessings to you,
    Shirl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like this. Yes - I stamped first (and coloured in) before I embossed. I love the effect of stamping something, then embossing it.
      Have a wonderful weekend and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete