Tuesday 12 June 2012

The Open Sea

Hi friends.  Today I want to share a shameless CASE (Copy And Share Everywhere) of another demo's card.  When people post their cards online, they put them into the public domain and at least among cardmakers it is quite accepted that people will copy your work.  Imitation is the finest form of flattery, afterall!

Well, on the Stampin' Up! demonstrator's website I saw this great card by Cheryl Adams!  I often have a difficult time coming up with masculine cards so when I saw her gorgeous card, I just had to make one for myself.  Sorry I cannot link you to Cheryl's original post - it is on an SU! only website - but suffice it to say that except for my use of Naturals Ivory cardstock, and the compass in the top corner (and, perhaps, some stamping on the inside of the card), this card is all Cheryl!


Supply List
Stamps - The Open Sea
Paper - Naturals Ivory, Midnight Muse, Comfort Cafe DSP
Ink - Midnight Muse
Big Shot -  Labels Collection Framelits, Apothecary Accents Framelits
Tools and Accessories - Basic Pearls, Sponges



The Comfort Cafe designer paper is wonderful.  There is a real mix of patterns - some feminine, some neutral, and some quite suitable for masculine cards.  In short, something for everybody.


I am so glad I stumbled upon Cheryl's card since I have a private card class on Thursday and the lady who is hosting specifically requested that we make at least one card suitable for Father's Day.  I think this will do the trick, don't you think?


I'll keep this short as I also have my June clubs beginning to meet this week and I still have one more card that I need to design for "my ladies".   So without further ado.....have a wonderful week and God Bless,    ~Cynthia    <><

No comments:

Post a Comment