Wednesday 12 September 2012

Founder's Circle - Day 1

WOW!  Everyone told me that Stampin' Up! does it right and boy do they ever!  A deluxe coach bus drove us from the Las Vegas airport to St. George Utah where SU! had commandeered the entire Courtyard Marriott hotel to be our retreat centre. 

You do remember that I told you that the Founder's Circle bag and information packages indicated there would be a seashore/nautical theme, right?  Well I think I hit the nail on the head - not that it was too hard to figure out.

This is the sign that greets us at the entrance to the Marriott. 

 And inside the foyer is decorated to look like a seashore.  The hall tables and signs are all weathered wooden planks and fishnets and buoys.

Nautical ocean ambiance everywhere.
And in the Gathering Space, we have all-day access to some of the rocking-est candy and snacks!! 
 My family can tell you that I am not a fan of candy.  As a kid I was, but now that I am "grown up" (hah!) I tend towards salty, not sweet.  But lookee here.  They have gourmet malted milk balls in every colour you can imagine.  Big huge glass apothecary jars of them just waiting for me to scoop 'em out!  And pretzels.  Chocolate and toffee covered pretzels.  You heard me.  Chocolate and toffee!  It's like they knew I was coming.  Pretzels.  Toffee.  Malted Milk Balls.  The trifecta of junk-food perfection.


And perhaps the best of all......my room.  My very own room.  And just so I'd know it was mine.....

Every Founder's Circle member has a room with a personalized life-preserver on the door.  Stampin' Up! goes out of their way to make us feel special and at home.  All at the same time.

So much to do tonight still.  I'm getting ready for the getting-to-know you event, then dinner.  But I am sure I will have more to tell you tomorrow.  For now - I hope you are all enjoying your day!  From Founder's Circle here in Utah.....
God Bless,      ~Cynthia     <><

No comments:

Post a Comment