Thursday 6 September 2012

Thankful Thursday - Ribbon With Flowering Flourishes


At the Convention this past July I had the honour and privilege of sharing a room with 3 wonderful ladies whom I met through the Stampin' Up! websites.  We all needed roomies.  We all wanted to cut costs.  So we agreed to share a hotel room and the bill.

Boy did God ever smile down upon me!  I got to share my room with three of the nicest SU! demos you're ever likely to meet.  And I am going to tell you much more about all three of them in a future post.  But right now I wanted to acknowledge one of them.  Cathy Gray was both my room mate and my trusted alarm clock.  She made sure I was awake in plenty of time for my class rehearsals, sessions and my flight home!  Cathy has a terrific blog that I suggest you pop over and visit, and one of the features which she uses is called Thankful Thursday.  How wonderful is that?  We should all spend more time being thankful for what we have.  And we should voice it out loud!.  In honour of Cathy and all the multitude of blessings that I have in my life, I am going to start devoting my Thursday posts to Thankful Thursday!  And on this particular Thursday, I am thankful to and for Cathy.

So here is today's installment.  Each of my customers receives a Thank You card with their order (I write a note on a post-it and put it inside the card - That way my customers receive a card that they can either keep or use themselves).  Becky Jensen CASed a card from someone else, now I am CASing Becky's version of the card.   And it highlights the gorgeous Stitched Satin Ribbon that Stampin' Up! is offering Free all month. 
Of course, I finished the card and wondered if it needed just a bit more oomph so I added some bling.  What do you think?  I like the card with or without the extra bling....but I have to admit I think I like this stepped up version a bit more.

Supply List
Stamps - Flowering Flourishes, Just Believe
Paper - Very Vanilla
Ink - Primrose Petals
Big Shot -  Delicate Designs EF, Large Scallop Edgelit, Bitty Banners Framelits
Tools and Accessories - Primrose Petals Stitched Satin Ribbon, Basic Rhinestones, dimensionals


Remember - if you like receiving cards, either to give or to use for ideas, then place an order with me!  This card (or one one like it) just might be the Thank You card you receive from me!

Have a wonderful Thankful Thursday!  God Bless,   ~Cynthia   <><

4 comments:

  1. Simple and beautiful. I like #2 the best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on that Olivia. #2 is my preferred. As for simple and beautiful...this card looks gorgeous in everyone of the colours I've tried. Sometimes it really pays to keep things simple! :)
      Have a great day and God Bless, ~Cynthia <><

      Delete
  2. This would make a beautiful sympathy card with Midnight Muse or another dark colored ribbon and maybe pearls. I think that sympathy cards are a little harder to design than cards for cheerier occasions and this would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia

      You have a very artistic eye. I have actually made this card using the Raspberry Ripple. Primrose Petals, Summer Starfruit and Midnight Muse ribbons. The Midnight Muse is particularly striking. Especially with a white card base.
      Hope you are enjoying your weekend. God Bless ~Cynthia <><

      Delete