Wednesday 19 September 2012

Founder's Swaps - The "Other" Ornament

Hello Friends

Just a quick note about the swap card that I made and posted here - apparently I had several of you (and even some of the other members of Founder's Circle!!) stumped since they couldn't figure out how I had created my ornament.  I think some of the other Founder's ladies even thought I had used vanilla-coloured embossing powder or vanilla craft ink to create the ornament.  Which would have been a no-no since we don't carry either product!   :)   Nope - the ornament is actually made using the emboss-resist technique.  Stamp it on Very Vanilla cardstock using versamark ink, then apply clear embossing powder and heat-emboss.  Use a sponge to apply Early Espresso ink (quite liberally so the Espresso is dark) to the image, wipe the extra ink off of the embossed image with a clean cloth, and cut out the ornament using the appropriate framelit.  And voila!   A gorgeous, Espresso and Vanilla heirloom ornament.
Nancy Lewis

Audra Mancur

As promised, here are the other 6 cards that I received as swaps at Founder's Circle, that all use an image(s) from the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set. 
Josee Smuck

Kriss Huels

They are every bit as lovely as the cards I posted yesterday and I am loving going through all my swap cards and seeing the creative ideas that other demonstrators came up with.





Dania Welch


Jill Olsen



















I'll bet you can all understand now why Stampin' Up! said the Ornament Keepsakes stamp set is their best-seller right now!!  You can certainly create some beautiful cards using these images, don't you agree?

Until tomorrow, have a wonderful day and God Bless,
               ~Cynthia       <><

No comments:

Post a Comment