Thursday 27 September 2012

Thankful Thursday - Four Seasons

Yes, dear friends - I am blessed.  And thankful.   And as promised yesterday, today I have a Thankful Thursday card.   I used the Hostess set, Four Seasons (one of my favourites from this catalogue!) and some thumping of coloured ink on the stamp to get the variegated Fall colours.  Love how it turned out, don't you?


Supply List
Stamps - Four Seasons, Perfectly Penned, Scentsational Season
Paper - Whisper White, More Mustard, Cajun Craze
Ink - More Mustard, Cajun Craze, Cherry Cobbler, Early Espresso & Garden Green markers
Tools and Accessories - 2 3/8" Scallop Circle Punch, 3/4" Circle Punch, dimensionals, (Dazzling Diamonds & 2-Way Glue Pen)

Of course, my daughters unanimously piped up and said the card needed glitter (but then again, what card doesn't??) so I added some and I must say, I see their point.  Unfortunately from this photo it appears that the 'wind' is the most prominent element now.  The photo does not do justice to the subtle sparkle of the leaf motifs on the white scalloped circle, surrounding the bird.  But in real life the glitter really draws attention to this element and makes the card just that much more appealing.






And don't you just love the way the steam image from the Scentsational Season stamp set can double as wind currents?  I saw this idea online (I cannot remember where) so I cannot take credit.  But it is awfully effective, isn't it?  One of the benefits of hand-stamping cards is that you can add coordinating details to the inside of the card (and the envelope) to really jazz things up.  I love the blowing leaves on the inside of this card!

I have a multitude of things for which to be thankful - not the least of which is my husband and kids.  I don't think I could ever get tired of telling you how much I love them.  I really do.  But I'll keep it short this time and just mention it in passing.....I love them (!!).   :)

Hope you too are surrounded by people that you love. 
       God Bless,      ~Cynthia    <><

2 comments:

  1. Cynthia those cards are beautiful. Have a great day tomorrow. Blessings, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love getting pictures of these cards. It seems to get me started. I don't always make the same card because I don't always have the same things but I go similar. It has really jump started me into card making.

    ReplyDelete